Delhi govt to hold emergency meeting today amid spike in Covid-19 cases
However, it has asked Delhiites to desist from panicking — and instead — asking those with “flu-like symptoms or those visiting hospitals to wear masks”.
“People with flu-like symptoms or those visiting hospitals should wear masks,” Delhi health minister Saurabh Bharadwaj said on Thursday, adding though: “No need to panic”.
The advice came amid Delhi government’s review meeting on Covid-19 situation chaired by the minister on Friday.
“We are on alert, Covid-19 situation in Delhi being closely monitored,” the minister said, adding, “Samples have been sent for genome sequencing. Nothing worrisome found so far. New strain is being monitored.”
WHAT DELHI GOVT SAYS ON COVID-19 SITUATION
- No need to panic: Delhi health minister Saurabh Bharadwaj
- People with flu-like symptoms or those visiting hospitals should wear masks.
- We are on alert. Covid-19 situation in Delhi being closely monitored: Minister
- Samples have been sent for genome sequencing; nothing worrisome found so far.
- New strain being monitored: Delhi health minister