Shastri Park: Six suffocate to death as mosquito coil sparks fire in Delhi’s Shastri Park | Delhi News

NEW DELHI: At least six members of a family died and three others were injured after an overturned mosquito coil sparked a blaze at a house in northeast Delhi’s Shastri Park, police said on Friday.
The police received information around 9am that a fire had broken out in a house at Mazar Wala Road in Shastri Park‘s Machhi Market, deputy commissioner of police (Northeast) Joy Tirkey said.
Upon reaching the spot, the police found that nine people had been taken to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, Tirkey said.
Of them, four men, a woman and a one-and-a-half-year-old child died. A 15-year-old girl and a 45-year-old man are being treated for burn injuries while a 22-year-old man was discharged after first aid, they police said.
According to the police, it was learnt that a burning mosquito coil had tipped over on a mattress during the night. The residents lost consciousness due to the toxic fumes before eventually suffocating to death. Further investigation is under way.
The Fire department said three water tenders were rushed to the spot after receiving information about the blaze.

About admin

Check Also

Delhi’s floodplain projects set back by years | Delhi News

NEW DELHI: At least 90% of the 90,000 saplings and 29 lakh riverine grasses planted …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *