Massive fire engulfs around two dozen shops in Prayagaraj business complex | Allahabad News

PRAYAGRAJ: A massive fire broke out at the Nehru Complex in the chowk area of Prayagraj on Saturday morning. The fire engulfed around two dozen shops, located at the first and second floor of the complex.
As many as 25 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
The fire has resulted in the loss of crores to the traders. However, no one was injured in the incident as the market was yet to open.
Flames and clouds of smoke created panic in the entire area. Most of the shops in the market located in the lower part of this multi-storey complex came under the grip of fire and gradually the fire spread to the second floor and other parts of the complex, fire department officials said.
It took around five hours for the fire engines to control the fire.
Locals claimed that most of the shops that caught fire used to sell readymade garments. Apart from this, shops selling plastic items like toys, footwear, decorative items and furniture etc too got gutted.
Chief fire officer RK Pandey said that after getting the news about the fire at Nehru Complex at around 8.30am, two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and realising the potential threat, 20 fore tenders from across the district were pressed into service along with around 100 fire fighters and officials.
He said that the affected complex has around 210 shops including those located in the ground floor and three floors above it. “No one was injured in the incident. Prima facie, short circuit is believed to have caused the fire,” he said.

About admin

Check Also

Drive: Iiit-a To Undertake Cleanliness Drive On October 1 | Allahabad News

Prayagraj: Under the government programme, a cleanliness campaign will be conducted at the Indian Institute …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *